Colombo City Walk
Feel the city vibe while having a chat
Briefing the Tour
Colombo city walk is specially designed to have a relax walk in the streets of Colombo, to do some shopping, Experience the Buddhism in Srilanka, feels Urban culture of Srilanka, way of life of Colombo People as well as drive beside magnificent buildings through modern urban cult mix with the nature.
Specialty of this Colombo city walk tours are we use the vehicles as well as we give walking experience to our clients with a professional guide.
We will start the tour from Gangaramaya temple on the bottom of the Map as you can see on the left side and we will end the tour on either giving you the experience of Street food or giving you the experience of Casino.
Our chauffer guide will pick you from the airport and will be headed to Colombo. This tour is generally designed to start around 10.00 am from Colombo. We can do the adjustment depending on your schedule.
This will be not a just a walk but also a guided tour with an experienced chauffer guide.
The following highlighted areas and places will be covered on the Colombo city tour.
- Gangarama Temple (1 hour)
- Colombo City Centre (1 hour)
- Beira Lake (¼ hour)
- Slave Island (¼ hour)
- The Bavarian (refreshing)
- Galle Face Green (¼ hour)
- One Galle Face (1 hour)
- Dutch Hospital (¼ hour)
- Pettah Market (1 hour)
- Street Food (½ hour)
Those mentioned highlights will be covered in the tour but there will be No order for that. It will depend on the Chauffer guide lecturer’s plan and your schedule on that day.
60% of this tour will be based on walking in the Colombo city. While walking our experienced chauffer guide lecturer will give you lot of information and share his experiences.
The average length of this tour is 4 hours. Maximum 5 hours
You will be picked from Katunayake International Airport or any other location mentioned by you. after the tour you will be dropped to the hotel or airport.
There are 35 km from Katunayake international airport to Colombo through Katunayake Colombo expressway - 20 mins drive
The vehicle will be decided by the number passengers. However, we will provide a luxury good quality vehicle. Rate will be depended on where you will be pickup and droped.
- If you don’t like to do shopping.
- If you don’t like to walk in the streets and don’t like to crowded places.
- If you don’t like to go to religious places.
- If you don’t like to engage with common people and their way of life.
- Time to time we will have walk and if you are tired we will continue the tour on the vehicle. But to get the maximum output the tour having a walk with a chat is more important.
- When we go to Buddhist temples traditionally we remove our hats and shoes. Therefor you have to remove your hats and shoes before enter. You can use temple socks.
- Use mineral water bottle specially when we have a walk.
- If you want to taste street foods, please talk to our guide first and get his recommendations.
- If you want to buy anything in the street talk to the guide and get his advices
- Before starting the tour Guide will give you a briefing of the tour. Please adhere to his or her advices throughout the tour.
- Pickup from the Airport or Hotel and Drop back to the Hotel or Airport
- Good Quality Vehicle with a Professional Driver
- One drinking water bottle for one passenger (500 ml)
- Face masks and sanitizers
- Face Tissues
- Car park fees
- Express way Tolls (if applicable)
- Service of a professional National guide lecturer or Site Guide Lecturer (English speaking)
- Any food and beverages
- Tips for Driver and Guide
- Any entrance fees to a site.
- Anything other than mentioned in “includes”