Ella City Walk
Feel the city vibe while having a chat
Briefing the Tour
Ella is a famous destination among the international travellers. We have designed this special tour including famous destinations and things to do in Ella area to give you a best experience in srilanka. If you are a free independent traveller (FIT) who booked a hotel in Ella or Nuwara eliya area, we can pick you at the Airport to drop you to the hotel. But without just dropping at the hotel we can give this day tour at Ella on the way to drop you to the hotel.
Ella is a small town in the Badulla District of Uva Province, Sri Lanka governed by an Urban Council. It is approximately 200 kilometres (120 mi) east of Colombo and is situated at an elevation of 1,041 metres (3,415 ft) above sea level. The area has a rich bio-diversity, dense with numerous varieties of flora and fauna. Ella is surrounded by hills covered with cloud forests and tea plantations. The town has a cooler climate than surrounding lowlands, due to its elevation. The Ella Gap allows views across the southern plains of Sri Lanka.
Our chauffer guide will pick you from the airport and will be headed to Ella. This tour is generally designed to start around 11.00 am from Dowa Temple at Ella. We can do the adjustment depending on your schedule.
This will be not a just a walk but also a guided tour with an experienced chauffer guide.
The following highlighted areas and places will be covered on the Dambulla city tour.
- Dowa Raja Maha Viharaya (½ hours)
- Nine arch bridge (1 hour)
- Flying Ravana Mega Zip line (2 Hours)
- Hangout in Ella (½ hour)
- Ravana Falls (½ hour)
Those mentioned highlights will be covered in the tour but there will be No order for that. It will depend on the Chauffer guide lecturer’s plan and your schedule on that day.
40% of this tour will be based on walking in the Ella city. While walking our experienced chauffer guide lecturer will give you lot of information and share his experiences.
The average length of this tour is 4 hours. Maximum 5 hours
You will be picked at the airport or at Colombo by a chauffeur guide, a suitable luxury vehicle will come to pick you.
After travelling 210 km from Airport through Ratnapura - Balangoda highway you will be arrival to the Ella.
Pickup can be arranged from any airport or any place you want. At the end of the visit you will be dropped to your decided drop location.
If you don’t like hiking
If you don’t like to visit rural areas and difficult roads
If you don’t like to go to religious places
If you don’t like to adventure activities
If you don’t like to visit waterfalls and natural swim
- When we enter to a Buddhist temple we need to remove our hats and shoes. You can use temple socks. Be aware about your dress.
- When you walk on a railway (near nine arch bridge) always be caution and be aware about the train.
- We have added fly Ravana mega zip line adventure activities assuming that you are interesting in those activities. Use their website to get all relevant information and safety precautions of activities. If you are not interested in those activities, we can replace that event with something you interested.
- We don’t hold any responsibility about the activities (Fly Ravana) since we do only a recommendation about those activities.
- Use mineral water bottle specially when we have a walk.
- If you want to taste street foods, please talk to our guide first and get his recommendations.
- If you want to buy anything in the street talk to the guide and get his advices
- Before starting the tour Guide will give you a briefing of the tour. Please adhere to his or her advices throughout the tour.
- Pickup from the Airport or Hotel and Drop back to the Hotel or Airport
- Good Quality Vehicle with a Professional Driver
- One drinking water bottle for one passenger (500 ml)
- Face masks and sanitizers
- Face Tissues
- Car park fees
- Express way Tolls (if applicable)
- Service of a professional National guide lecturer or Site Guide Lecturer (English speaking)
- Any food and beverages
- Tips for Driver and Guide
- Any entrance fees to a site.
- Anything other than mentioned in “includes”