Galle Fort Walk
Feel the city vibe while having a chat
Briefing the Tour
Feels the ancient Dutch Colonial vibe and explore the Colonial History of Srilankan started after 1505 AD.
Galle fort is a Hot tourist interesting point in Srilanka and a Majour tourist attraction in Galle. You can travel to galle and visit Galle fort along but we can assure you the experience we give to you, can’t be taken by touring alone or touring with any other travel agency. Another Specialty of this Galle fort tour is we use the vehicles as well as we give walking experience to our clients with a great feeling of the environment.
Apart from that you can get the service of a professional chauffer guide lecturer and we will be touching every aspect of Galle fort and will give all the information you need to know as a tourist. We give our fullest strength to make this Srilanka Gall tour memorable to you.
Galle Fort in the Bay of Galle on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka, was built first in 1588 by the Portuguese, then extensively fortified by the Dutch during the 17th century from 1649 onwards. It is a historical, archaeological and architectural heritage monument, which even after more than 432 years maintains a polished appearance, due to extensive reconstruction work done by Archaeological Department of Sri Lanka.
The following highlighted areas and places will be covered on the Galle fort tour.
- Galle fort clock tower
- History museum Galle
- National Maritime museum
- Akersloot Bastian
- Galle fort Light House
- Old Dutch Hospital
- Flag rock Bastian
- Rampart street
- Light house street
- Sithuvili Gallery
- Hospital Street
- Middle Street
- Old slave quarters
Those mentioned highlights will be covered in the tour but there will be No order for that. It will depend on the Chauffer guide lecturer’s plan and your schedule on that day.
80% of this tour will be based on walking in the Galle fort. While walking our experienced chauffer guide lecturer will give you lot of information and share his experiences.
The average length of this tour is 4 hours. Maximum 5 hours
You will be picked at the airport or at Colombo by a chauffeur guide, a suitable luxury vehicle will come to pick you.
After travelling 120 km from Colombo through Galle Expressway you will be arrival to the Galle Fort premises.
Pickup can be arranged from any airport or any place you want. At the end of the visit you will be dropped to your decided drop location.
If you don’t like to see Colonial Architecture and Dutch History & ancient ruins.
If you don’t like to walk in the streets and Hot sun.
If you don’t like to go to religious places.
If you don’t like to engage with common people and their way of life.
- Time to time we will have walk and if you are tired we will continue the tour on the vehicle. But to get the maximum output the tour having a walk with a chat is more important.
- When we go to Buddhist temples traditionally we remove our hats and shoes. Therefor you have to remove your hats and shoes before enter. You can use temple socks.
- Use mineral water bottle specially when we have a walk.
- If you want to taste street foods, please talk to our guide first and get his recommendations.
- If you want to buy anything in the street talk to the guide and get his advices
- Before starting the tour Guide will give you a briefing of the tour. Please adhere to his or her advices throughout the tour.
- Pickup from the Airport or Hotel and Drop back to the Hotel or Airport
- Good Quality Vehicle with a Professional Driver
- One drinking water bottle for one passenger (500 ml)
- Face masks and sanitizers
- Face Tissues
- Car park fees
- Express way Tolls (if applicable)
- Service of a professional National guide lecturer or Site Guide Lecturer (English speaking)
- Any food and beverages
- Tips for Driver and Guide
- Any entrance fees to a site.
- Anything other than mentioned in “includes”