Jaffna City Tour
Feel the city vibe while having a chat
Briefing the Tour
Jaffna; the city in the northern peninsular of Srilanka. Majority of the people live here are Srilankan Tamils and followers of Hindu. You can experience the same hospitality of Srilankans in a different shape in this city. This tour is designed to feel the traditions, culture, history and way of life of Jaffna people and to taste authentic food and beverages of Jaffna Peninsular. If you are a social explorer and want to feel something different inside srilanka, you must come and visit Jaffna.
If you are a free independent traveler (FIT) who booked a hotel in Jaffna area, we can pick you at the Airport to drop you to the hotel. the following day or in the same day we can offer your this city tour in Jaffna. to get the full effectiveness of the day, it is good to leave at 6.00 am from airport then you can reach to the hotel by 1.00 pm. after refreshing at the hotel you can join to this city tour.
The city of Trincomalee is located 362 km away from Katunayake international airport and it is 7 hours drive via wariyapola - Anuradhapura - Vauniya Highway.
Our chauffer guide will pick you from the airport and will be headed to Jaffna. This tour is generally designed to start around 2.30 pm from Jaffna. We can do any adjustment depending on your schedule. Depending on the flight schedule we can guide you to plan this day tour. Talk to us.
This will be not a just a day trip but also a guided tour with an experienced chauffer guide.
The following highlighted events will be covered on the tour.
- Jaffna Fort - ( ¼ hours)
- Nallur Kandaswami Kovil - (¼ hours)
- Kinniya Hot water Spring – (¼ hours)
- Jaffna Market - (¼ hours)
- Jaffna Archeological Museum – (½ hour)
- Casuarina Beach – (¼ - hour)
- Dambakola Patuna Sanagamitta Temple – (¼ hours)
- kirimalai water Spring – (¼ hour)
- Natural underground water well - (¼ hour)
Those mentioned highlights will be covered in the tour but there will be No order for that. It will depend on the Chauffer guide lecturer’s plan and your schedule on that day.
In the middle of the tour our tour guide will arrange a good place to refresh yourself with good Refreshments.
40% of this tour will be based on walking in the sites. While walking our experienced chauffer guide lecturer will give you lot of information and share his experiences.
The average length of this tour is 4 hours. Maximum 5 hours
You will be picked at the airport or at Colombo by a chauffeur guide, a suitable luxury vehicle will come to pick you.
After travelling 362 km from Airport through wariyapola - Anuradhapura - Vauniya highway you will be arrived to Jaffna.
Pickup can be arranged from any airport or any place you want. At the end of the visit you will be dropped to your decided drop location.
- If you don’t like to visit rural villages.
- If you don’t like to go to religious places.
- If you are uncomfortable to walk under the hot sun.
- If you don't like get in touch with people and their way of life.
- If you don't like to visit Museums.
- When we go to Buddhist & Hindu temples traditionally we remove our hats and shoes. Therefor you have to remove your hats and shoes before enter. You can use temple socks.
- You have to walk under the hot sun. because Jaffna is located in the dry zone of Srilanka.
- Hot sun is the only reason that we are encouraging visitors to start this trip early in the morning or in the evening.
- Use mineral water bottle specially when we have a walk.
- If you want to taste street foods, please talk to our guide first and get his recommendations.
- If you want to buy anything in the street talk to the guide and get his advices
- Before starting the tour Guide will give you a briefing of the tour. Please adhere to his or her advices throughout the tour.
- Pickup from the Airport or Hotel and Drop back to the Hotel or Airport
- Good Quality Vehicle with a Professional Driver
- One drinking water bottle for one passenger (500 ml)
- Face masks and sanitizers
- Face Tissues
- Car park fees
- Express way Tolls (if applicable)
- Service of a professional National guide lecturer or Site Guide Lecturer (English speaking)
- Any food and beverages
- Tips for Driver and Guide
- Any entrance fees to a site.
- Anything other than mentioned in “includes”