Kandy City Walk
Feel the city vibe while having a chat
Briefing the Tour
The sacred tooth relic temple is one of the main tourist attraction of Srilanka and special feature of the city of Kandy. Kandy walk is specially designed to explore the sacred tooth relic temple and its features with a special guided lecturer. If you have booked a hotel to stay in Kandy let us pick you at the airport and we offer not only just drop at Kandy but also a magnificent day tour in Kandy.
Kandy City Known for spirituality and laid-back charm, Kandy has everything peaceful and balmy about it. The beautiful Sri Lankan city is also a popular attraction for Buddhists. There are quite a few temples, meditation centres with dense nature around, and exciting trails. Go around and discover eternal comfort as you plan a much-awaited trip to Sri Lanka.
Our chauffer guide will pick you from the airport and will be headed to Kandy. This tour is generally designed to start around 1.00 pm from Kandy. We can do the adjustment depending on your schedule.
The following highlighted areas and places will be covered on Kandy city tour.
- Kandy city view point – (¼ hours)
- The sacred tooth relic temple – (1 hour)
- Audience Hall (¼ hours)
- New Image house (¼ hours)
- World Buddhist Museum (½ hours)
- Tusker Raja (¼ hours)
- Old royal palace (¼ hours)
- Temple of the tooth Museum (½ hours)
- Garrison Cemetery (¼ hours)
- Kandy Cultural Show (1 hour)
Those mentioned highlights will be covered in the tour but there will be No order for that. It will depend on the Chauffer guide lecturer’s plan and your schedule on that day.
60% of this tour will be based on walking in the ancient city. While walking our experienced chauffer guide lecturer will give you lot of information and share his experiences.
The average length of this tour is 4 hours. Maximum 5 hours
You will be picked from Katunayake International Airport or any other location mentioned by you. after the tour you will be dropped to the hotel or airport.
There are 103 km from Katunayake international airport Kandy through Colombo Kandy Highway - 3 hours drive
The vehicle will be decided by the number passengers. However, we will provide a luxury good quality vehicle. Rate will be depended on where you will be pickup and droped.
- If you don’t like to see and learn Buddhism and traditions.
- If you don’t like to watch cultural shows.
- If you don’t like to go to religious places.
- If you don’t like to walk inside a big monastery premises
- the temple of the tooth relic is one of the most sacred premises in Srilanka. There will be Buddhist devotees who comes to pray. We better not to disturb them when we tour and we have to give the priority to worship.
- When we go to Buddhist temples traditionally we remove our hats and shoes. Therefor you have to remove your hats and shoes before enter. You can use temple socks.
- Use mineral water bottle specially when we have a walk.
- If you want to taste street foods, please talk to our guide first and get his recommendations.
- If you want to buy anything in the street talk to the guide and get his advices
- Before starting the tour Guide will give you a briefing of the tour. Please adhere to his or her advices throughout the tour.
- Pickup from the Airport or Hotel and Drop back to the Hotel or Airport
- Good Quality Vehicle with a Professional Driver
- One drinking water bottle for one passenger (500 ml)
- Face masks and sanitizers
- Face Tissues
- Car park fees
- Express way Tolls (if applicable)
- Service of a professional National guide lecturer or Site Guide Lecturer (English speaking)
- Any food and beverages
- Tips for Driver and Guide
- Any entrance fees to a site.
- Anything other than mentioned in “includes”