Nuwara-eliya City Tour
Feel the city vibe while having a chat
Briefing the Tour
This tour is designed to travelers who loves to feel the mist & mystery in the hill country and mountain vibes. The City of Nuwara-eliya is called as little England in Srilanka. The Hill country of srilanka is located in the central of srilanka and once you come to Nuwara-eliya you would not believe that you are in a tropical country. there are lot of flora and fauna, mountain peaks, water falls can be seen in the Hill country of Srilanka.
If you are a free independent traveler (FIT) who booked a hotel in Nuwara-eliya area, we can pick you at the Airport to drop you to the hotel. but without just dropping you at the hotel we can give you this Nuwara-eliya city tour before enjoy your hotel stay, on your way to hotel.
The city of Nuwara-eliya is located 155 km away from Katunayake international airport and it is 5 hours drive via Awissavella - Hatton - Nuwara-eliya Highway.
Our chauffer guide will pick you from the airport and will be headed to N'eliya. This tour is generally designed to start around 11.30 am from N'eliya. We can do any adjustment depending on your schedule. Depending on the flight schedule we can guide you to plan this day tour. Talk to us.
This will be not a just a day trip but also a guided tour with an experienced chauffer guide.
The following highlighted events will be covered on the tour.
- Gregory Park - ( 1 hour)
- Victoria Park - ( ½ hours)
- N'eliya Market – (¼ hours)
- Seetha Amman Kovil - (¼ hours)
- Hakgala Botanical Garden - ( 1 hour)
- Ambewela Farm – (½ hour)
- Visit a Tea factory – (½ - hour)
Those mentioned highlights will be covered in the tour but there will be No order for that. It will depend on the Chauffer guide lecturer’s plan and your schedule on that day.
In the middle of the tour our tour guide will arrange a good place to refresh yourself with good Refreshments.
60% of this tour will be based on walking in the sites. While walking our experienced chauffer guide lecturer will give you lot of information and share his experiences.
The average length of this tour is 4 hours. Maximum 5 hours
You will be picked at the airport or at Colombo by a chauffeur guide, a suitable luxury vehicle will come to pick you.
After travelling 155 km from Airport through Awissavella - Hatton - Nuwara-eliya highway you will be arrived to N'eliya.
Pickup can be arranged from any airport or any place you want. At the end of the visit you will be dropped to your decided drop location.
- If you don’t like to visit Botanical Gardens.
- If you don’t like to engage water sport activities.
- If you don't like to go to Hindu Temples
- If you are uncomfortable to walk in a cold climate.
- If you don't like get in touch with people and their way of life.
- If you don't like to visit Tea Factories.
- When we enter Hindu Temples we need to remove our Hats and Shoes
- Nuwara eliya is located in the central hills of Srilanka and the climate is very cold sometimes.
- Use winter jackets and hand gloves when we have a walk.
- If you want to taste street foods, please talk to our guide first and get his recommendations.
- If you want to buy anything in the street talk to the guide and get his advices
- Before starting the tour Guide will give you a briefing of the tour. Please adhere to his or her advices throughout the tour.
- Pickup from the Airport or Hotel and Drop back to the Hotel or Airport
- Good Quality Vehicle with a Professional Driver
- One drinking water bottle for one passenger (500 ml)
- Face masks and sanitizers
- Face Tissues
- Car park fees
- Express way Tolls (if applicable)
- Service of a professional National guide lecturer or Site Guide Lecturer (English speaking)
- Any food and beverages
- Tips for Driver and Guide
- Any entrance fees to a site.
- Anything other than mentioned in “includes”